Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Musica!

I'm constantly on the look-out for new musical artists that will stir and inspire me. However, I somehow always get questioned on my musical tastes. I've been asked such silly things as "Why THAT artist?" or my favorite "How could you listen to THAT?!" My response: How could you NOT? Limiting your musical tastes is the equivalent to limiting the types of foods that you are willing to try. Sure, everyone's got a different palate and are partial to certain genres. But me? Nah. I'm open to most, including Gospel and Country.

Lately I've been enthralled by Sarah Jarosz. I'm a sucker for amazing lyrics that have been paired with languishing melodies and Sarah's music just "does" it for me. Besides, her music has just enough Blue Grassiness to make you want to jig to. Pair that with the fact that she is only seventeen and has already jammed with Ricky Skaggs. Wow.

Anyhow, you should check her out:

1 comment: